Hello and welcome to Re:Solution's website.
Re:Solution is a urban design and development agency. We conceive, promote and develop projects and initiatives which promote urban sustainability. We work with local authorities, third sector organisations and community groups. We are primarily involved in the promotion of community greenspace projects.
We promise that we will get round to providing more information on this site, but for the meantime you might want to check our blog posts below, and the website for our Edible Estates initiative. Always keen to hear from new folk, ideas and opportunities for partnership working.
The Wester Hailes Health Agency (www.whhealthagency.co.uk), working with Re:Solution have secured £113k from Scottish Government’s People & Communities Fund. The funding will allow the continuation of the Wester Hailes Edible Estates project (www.whee.org.uk), which over the past year has established five community garden sites in Wester Hailes, including large community food growing hubs in the Calders and Clovenstone estates.
In the coming year, Re:Solution will be working with the Wester Hailes Health Agency to:-
- develop a new Edible Estate project in the Murrayburn & Hailesland estate, one of Scotlands most deprived communities (5% SIMD)
- set up a new 3 month training and work experience project ‘Growing Youth’, which will give young people in the SW of Edinburgh an opportunity to learn about community gardening, gaining skills and horticulture, landscaping and simple joinery skills;
- Investigation of the feasibility of a new Community Cafe for the Calders estate;
- Deliver healthy and affordable cooking workshops in partnership with Edinburgh Community Food (www.edinburghcommunityfood.org.uk);
- Continued development of the Calders and Clovenstone Edible Estates projects.